Issues of discrimination and harassment in higher educational institutions will be discussed with students of the capital city
On November 18, in Astana, the United Nations Development Program in Kazakhstan, together with the Nazarbayev University School of Sciences and Humanities will hold a workshop on the prevention of discrimination and harassment in the academic environment for students of the universities.
As part of the seminar, experts from UNDP and UN Women will talk about key policies and tools for creating a safe environment in universities, talk with young people about gender stereotypes and prejudices against women and men as the main causes of gender inequality and violence against women and girls .
The workshop is part of the United Nations Global Campaign “16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence”.
- Evgeniy Khon, Deputy of acting UNDP Resident Representative in Kazakhstan
- Shigeo Katsu, President of AEO “Nazarbayev University”
- Aisulu Yerniyazova, Advisor to the Minister of Science and Higher Education on Youth Affairs – Student Ombudsman
- Gulmira Shrakhmetova, Senior Inspector of the Astana City Police Department for the Protection of Women from Violence
- Dinara Kusain, Communications and Advocacy Analyst, UN Women
- Gaukhar Nursha, Gender Specialist, UNDP in Kazakhstan
To register, click here.