In 1985, Bakyt Akbuzauova has graduated from philology department of Kazakh National University named after S.M. Kirov with distinction. Bakyt Akbuzauova received her PhD in Kazakh Language from the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University in 2006.
Prior to coming to Nazarbayev University in 2013, she worked as an associate professor at the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (1990-2012) and the Eurasian National University (2012-2013).
She is the winner of the “Best Professor of the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University 2008-2009” competition and a highly qualified instructor with over 27 years of teaching experience.
From 1990 to 1995 she was engaged in editorial and translation work. Materials that she translated were published in books: «Y. Altynsarin tagylymy», «Tau tolgauy», «Asia, Africa zhazyshylarinin angimeleri» and «Kyzyl alma» (1985-1990). Since 2013, she has been working at the department of «Kazakh language and turkology» in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at Nazarbayev University and has been teaching courses like «Kazakh Language», «Translation Techniques» and «Scientific Style in Kazakh Language».
Bakyt Akbuzauova has published 5 textbooks and 2 sets of tests:
- “Textbook of the Scientific Style in Kazakh Language”. Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2000.
- “Verbal Adjectives in the Modern Kazakh Language” – Textbook. Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2008.
- “Professional Kazakh Language”-Textbook. Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2011.
- “Kazakh Language” – Course-book. (co-authored K.S. Kulmanov, B.S. Abduova, K. Akhmetova) Astana, Kazakhstan, 2015.
- “Kazakh Language” B2. (co-authored Z. Kuzekova). 2016
- Kazakh language testing (2006)
- Collections of Innovative Assignments in Kazakh Language. (2008)
Bakyt Akbuzauova’s nearly 50 scientific methodical articles were published both in Kazakhstan and abroad.
Recent conference presentations:
- Selecting and Designing Language Textbooks for Professional Purposes. // NCOLCTL , 24 – 27 April 2014, Chicago, USA.
- Utilizing technology for active learning to contribute to Kazakhstan’s multilingual communities of learning// Instructional Learning and Technology Conference April 14 2015, Nazarbayev University. Аstana.
- Advantages of Teaching Grammar Based on Systematic Functional Approach // NCOLCTL 25th Annual Conference. Washington DC, USA, April 24-26, 2015.
- Representation of agreement and disagreement in Kazakh language. International conference on English Scholars beyond borders. 3 – 4 December, 2015, Dokuz Eylül University Izmir, Turkey.
- Multilingual community of learning -Kazakhstan Pre-K multiliteracy approach. Fifth Regional Conference “Central Eurasian Studies Society”. June 2-4, 2016. Kazan, Tatarstan, Russia.
- Focus of Research and Interests: Kazakh Philology; Syntax of Kazakh Language; Translation Techniques from Russian to Kazakh.