Mathematics Department 2019-2020 Research Outputs
Top 5-10 publications/book
Novelty, industrial, commercial or societal impacts.
Papers in Q1 journals
- Kassymov A., Ruzhansky M., Suragan D., Fractional logarithmic inequalities and blow-up results with logarithmic nonlinearity on homogeneous groups, Nonlinear Differential Equations and Applications, (2020). (rank Q1)
- Karazym M., Ozawa T., Suragan D., Multidimensional inverse Cauchy problems for evolution equations, Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering, (2020). (rank Q1)
- Restrepo J., Suragan D., Criteria for oscillatory solutions of generalized fractional integro-differential equations, Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, to appear (2020). (rank Q1)
- Ruzhansky M., Sabitbek B., Suragan D., Geometric Hardy and Hardy-Sobolev inequalities on Heisenberg groups, Bulletin of Mathematical Sciences, to appear (2020). (rank Q1)
- Karazym M., Suragan D., Trace formulae of potentials for degenerate parabolic equations, Differential and Integral Equations, to appear (2020). (rank Q1)
- Ozawa T., Suragan D., Sharp remainder of the Poincare inequality, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, to appear (2020). (rank Q1)
- Ruzhansky M., Suragan D., Critical Hardy inequalities, Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn. Math., 44 (2019), 1159- 1174. (rank Q1)
- P. Skrzypacz, V. V. Andreev, B. Golman: Dead-core and non-dead-core solutions to diffusion-reaction problems for catalyst pellets with external mass transfer, Chemical Engineering Journal, 385 (2020) 123927, Available online 27 December 2019 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2019.123927 Impact Factor: 8.35
- B. Golman, V.V. Andreev, P. Skrzypacz: Dead-core solutions for slightly non-isothermal diffusion-reaction problems with powerlaw kinetics, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 83 (2020) 576–589 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2020.03.016
- P. Skrzypacz, A. Bountis, D. Nurakhmetov, J. Kim: Analysis of the lumped mass model for the cantilever beam subject to Grob’s swelling pressure, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 85 (2020) 105230 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnsns.2020.105230
- J. H. He, D. Nurakhmetov, P. Skrzypacz, D. Wei: Dynamic pull-in for micro-electromechanical device with a current-carrying conductor,Journal of Low Frequency Noise, Vibration and Active Control, First published September 26, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461348419847298
- Y. Kominis, J. Cuevas-Maraver, P. G. Kevrekidis, D. J. Frantzeskakis, and A. Bountis, “Continuous Families of Solitary Waves in Non-Symmetric Complex Potentials: A Melnikov Theory Approach”, Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, Vol. 118, 222-233 (2019).
- Y. Zhiyenbayev, Y. Kominis, C. Valagiannopoulos, V. Kovanis, and A. Bountis, “Enhanced Stability, Bistability, and Exceptional Points in Saturable Active Photonic Couplers”, Physical Review A 100, 043834 (2019).
- Y. Kominis, A. Bountis, and V. Kovanis. “Radically Tunable Ultrafast Photonic Oscillators via Diﬀerential Pumping”, Journal of Applied Physics 127, 083103 (2020).
- A.J. Castro, S. Rodríguez-López, W. Staubach, Transference of local to global L2 maximal estimates for dispersive partial differential equations, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 471 (2019), 411-422.
- Amanbek, Y., Singh, G., Pencheva, G. and Wheeler, M.F. (2020). “Error indicators for the incompressible Darcy flow problems using Enhanced Velocity Mixed Finite Element Method”. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 363, 112884.
- Amanbek, Y., and Wheeler, M. F. (2019). “A priori error analysis for transient problems using Enhanced Velocity approach in the discrete-time setting”. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 361, 459-471.
- Mizrak, O.O., Mizrak, C., Kashkynbayev, A., and Kuang, Y., Can fractional differentiation improve stability results and data fitting ability of a prostate cancer model under intermittent androgen suppression therapy?, Chaos, Fractals & Solitons, 131, Article No 109529, 2020
- Ugurlu, K., (2020) Robust Utility Maximization of Terminal Wealth with Drift and Volatility Uncertainty, accepted for publication in Optimization GOPT, Article ID: GOPT 1774586.
Rank A and A* conference publications (based on http://portal.core.edu.au/conf-ranks/)
- Z. Assylbekov and R. Takhanov. Context vectors are reflections of word vectors in half the dimensions (Extended Abstract). In Proceedings of IJCAI, 2020 (rank A*)
- M. Tezekbayev, Z. Assylbekov, and R. Takhanov. Semantics-and syntax-related subvectors in the skip-gram embeddings. In Proceedings of AAAI, 2020 (rank A*)
- A. Karipbayeva, A. Sorokina, and Z. Assylbekov. A critique of the smooth inverse frequency sentence embeddings. In Proceedings of AAAI, 2020 (rank A*)
- Amanbek Y., Singh G., Wheeler M.F. (2019). “Recovery of the Interface Velocity for the Incompressible Flow in Enhanced Velocity Mixed Finite Element Method”. In: Rodrigues J. et al. (eds) Computational Science. ICCS 2019. ICCS 2019. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol 11539. Springer, Cham. (A-rank conference).
- Spectral geometry of partial differential operators, Chapman and Hall/CRC Monographs and Research Notes in Mathematics, Taylor & Francis, 2020, 366 pp. (M. Ruzhansky, M. Sadybekov and Suragan D.)
- Mizrak O.O., Mizrak C., Kashkynbayev A., Kuang Y. (2020) The Impact of Fractional Differentiation in Terms of Fitting for a Prostate Cancer Model Under Intermittent Androgen Suppression Therapy. In: Dutta H. (eds) Mathematical Modelling in Health, Social and Applied Sciences. Forum for Interdisciplinary Mathematics. Springer, Singapore.
- P. Skrzypacz (PI), NU FDCRGP 090118FD5347, 2018 – 2020, 98,000 USD Finite Element Methods for Dirichlet feedback control problems in chemical reaction engineering.
- D. Suragan (PI), Nazarbayev University program 091019CRP2120 for 2020-2022. “Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in Mathematics”
- D. Suragan (PI), Nazarbayev University grant 240919FD3901 for 2020-2022. “Subelliptic geometric Hardy type inequalities”
- Y. Amanbek (PI), “Efficient Multiscale Numerical Framework of the Subsurface Reservoir Simulation in Heterogeneous Porous Media”, Faculty Development Competitive Research Grants, Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan 2019-2021 ($60K)
- Y. Amanbek (PI), Principle Investigator, “Flow Simulation in Porous Media for Subsurface Applications”, Social Policy Research Grant, Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan, 2020-21 ($10K)
- Y. Amanbek (PI), “Effect of Flow through Porous Media on Sanding Phenomena in Poorly Consolidated Reservoirs”, Young Researcher Grant of the Minister of Education and Science of the Kazakhstan, 2020-22, (75M KZT)
- A. Kashkynbayev (PI), Faculty Development Competitive Research Grant (Small Grant) “Imaging in Seismic Explorations”, $79,300, 2019–2020.
- T. Bountis (PI) of ORAU project entitled “Taming Chimeras to Achieve the Superradiant Emitter”, at School of Science and Technology, funded by Nazarbayev University, Astana, Kazakhstan (390000 USD). 2017–2020.
- D. Wei (PI) and P.S. Skrzypacz (CO-PI) et al, Modeling and Simulation of Nonlinear Material Structures for Mechanical Pressure Sensing and Actuation Applications, ORAU grant–Contract ID: 090118FD5347, Award date: 9/26/2016, $272,727, 2016- 2019.
- D. Wei (PI) et al, Development and Prototyping of Extrusion Dies for Advanced Plastic Sheets and Thin Film Production, Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan Grant, AP05134166, Award date: 4/6/18, 2018 – 2020.
- D. Wei (Co-PI) with Christa Spitas (PI) et al, Rapid response fixed astronomical telescope for gamma ray bust observation, Collaborative Research Grants Program 2020-2022, Nazarbayev University.
- M. W. L. Ko (PI) and D. Wei (CO-PI) et al, Three-dimensional patient- specific reconstruction of optic nerve head morphology for risk assessment of glaucoma development and progression, ORAU Grant ID: SOE201704, Award date: 9/26/2016 for period 01/2017-12.2020.
- A. J. Castro (PI), 2019–2021 NU Faculty Development Competitive Research Grants Program, Id. Num.: 110119FD4544, Nazarbayev University (Kazakhstan). Project Title: Nonlinear Dispersive Partial Differential Equations. USD$110,925.
- Y. Erlangga (PI), A. J. Castro (CO-PI), 2018–2020 NU Small Grant, Id. Num.: 090118FD5353, Nazarbayev University (Kazakhstan).Project Title: Imaging in Seismic Exploration. USD $94,800.
- Ugurlu, K (PI), 2020-2022 NU Faculty Development Competitive Research Grants Program, Id. Num.:080420FD1907, Nazarbayev University (Kazakhstan).Project Title:Robust Methods in Financial Mathematics and Stochastic Control. USD $99,900.
- Ugurlu, K (PI), 2020-2021 Social Policy Grant: Robust Methods in Optimization and its Applications in Mathematical Finance: USD, 10,000.
- M.Mustafa, NU Faculty Development Competitive Research Grants Program 2018-2020. Title: Computable model theory and Computable enumerable equivalence relations.
- Z. Assylbekov (PI), MES grant AP05133700 “Deep Learning for Sequential Models in Natural Language Processing with Applications to Kazakh”, KZT 30M, 2018–2020.
- D. Suragan: Asian Universities Alliance (AUA) Scholars Award 2019-2020
- D. Suragan: The Certificate of Merit of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 2019
- D. Suragan: 12th ISAAC Congress, 2019, Plenary speaker
- A. Kashkynbayev: Asian Universities Alliance (AUA) Scholarship Award,2019-2020
Q2 and Lower Ranking Journal Papers
- Kashkynbayev, A., Cao, J., and Damiev, Z., Stability analysis for fuzzy SICNNs with time-varying delays, Advances in Difference Equations, 2019 No. 384, 2019.
- P Skrzypacz, D Nurakhmetov, D Wei , Generalized stiffness and effective mass coefficients for power-law Euler–Bernoulli beams, Acta Mechanica Sinica 36 (1), (2020) 160-175. Q2
- Y. Kominis, A. Bountis, and V. Kovanis. “Radically Tunable Ultrafast Photonic Oscillators via Diﬀerential Pumping”, Journal of Applied Physics, Journal of Applied Physics 127, 083103 (2020). Q2
- R. J. Giardina and D. Wei, Ramberg-Osgood material behavior expression and large deflections of Euler beams, accepted for publication in Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids. Q2
- D. Igali, A Perveen, D Wei, D Zhang, A Mentbayeva , 3D FEM Study of the Flow Uniformity of Flat Polypropylene Film/Sheet Extrusion Dies, Key Engineering Materials 841, (2020)375-380. Q3
- D. Igali, D Wei, D Zhang, A Perveen, A comparative analysis of sheeting die geometries using numerical simulations, Advances in Computational Design 5 (2), (2020) 111-125. No Rank
- V. Almeida, J.J. Betancor, A.J. Castro, J.C. Fariña, L. Rodríguez-Mesa,
BMO functions and Balayage of Carleson measures in the Bessel setting,
Rev. Mat. Complut. 32 (2019), 57-98. Ranking JCR: 101/314, Q2
- V. Almeida, J.J. Betancor, A.J. Castro, L. Rodríguez-Mesa,
Variable exponent Hardy spaces associated with discrete Laplacians on graphs,
SCI China Math. 62 (2019), 73-124. Ranking JCR: 84/314, Q2
- D. O. da Silva, M. Biyar,Global analytic solutions to the nonlinear Schrodinger equation, accepted for publication in Analysis (Germany) (Q3)
- Ruzhansky M., Sabitbek B., Suragan D. Hardy and Rellich inequalities for anisotropic p-sub-Laplacians, Banach J. Math. Anal., (2020). Q2
- Ozawa T., Ruzhansky M., Suragan D. Lp-Caffarelli-Kohn-Nirenberg type inequalities on homogeneous groups, Quart. J. Math., 70 (2019), 305-318. Q2
- Ruzhansky M., Sabitbek B., Suragan D. Weighted Lp-Hardy and Lp-Rellich inequalities with boundary terms on stratified Lie groups, Rev. Mat. Complutense, 32 (2019), 19-35. Q2
- Kassymov A., Ruzhansky M., Suragan D. Hardy-Littlewood-Sobolev and Stein-Weiss inequalities on homogeneous Lie groups. Integral Transforms and Special Functions 30 (2019), 643-655. Q2
- Kurmanbek, B., Amanbek, Y., & Erlangga, Y. (2020). A proof of Anđelić-Fonseca conjectures on the determinant of some Toeplitz matrices and their generalization. Linear and Multilinear Algebra, 1-8. Q2
- Turdebek Bekjan, Manat Mustafa, On interpolation of noncommutative symmetric Hardy Spaces,Positivity, December 2017, Volume 21, Issue 4, pp 1307–1317. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11117-017-0468-y. Springer International Publishing .Q2
- Assylbekov, Z. and Takhanov, R., 2019. Context vectors are reflections of word vectors in half the dimensions. Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, 66, pp.225-242. Q2