Master of Arts in Political Science and International Relations
- The first English-language graduate level political science and international relations program in Kazakhstan
- 2-year funded all-English MA program with the possibility for study abroad
- Taught by internationally-recognized faculty drawn from North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, with PhDs from North American or European universities
- Advised and actively supported by the Political Science Department of the University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA), ranked 15th nationally
- Advanced academic training for careers in government, international organizations, academia, or other fields related to governance and policy
- Campus with modern facilities, labs, library, sports center, housing based on need, and a monthly stipend of 100,000 tenge for Kazakhstani citizens
- Merit-based scholarships and discounts for international students
Master of Arts in Economics
- A Western graduate level economics program
- 2-year funded all-English MA program
- High quality internationally recognized faculty drawn from North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia
- Advised and supported by a strategic partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA)
- Housing on campus with modern facilities, labs, library, and sports center
- Funding for your education - Acceptance into the MAE comes with a monthly stipend for the entire duration of the program (only for Kazakhstani citizens)
Master of Arts in Eurasian Studies
- The first multi-disciplinary Area Studies program in Kazakhstan and the wider region focusing on Eurasia
- 2-year funded all-English MA program of 120 ECTS credits.
- Taught by internationally recognized faculty
- Advised and actively supported by the partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA)
- An exciting opportunity to explore the cultures, languages, histories, communities, societies, and politics of Eurasia
- Includes the five post-Soviet Central Asian states, Russia, Eastern Europe, Mongolia, Xinjiang, and neighboring regions of South Asia, China and the Middle East
- An unrivalled concentration of scholars with Eurasian expertise, spanning the disciplines of Anthropology, Economics, History, Literature, Oriental Studies, Philosophy, Political Science, and Sociology
- Advanced academic training for pursuing careers in research, government, international organizations, academia, or other fields
- Study in Astana, at the heart of Eurasia, with unparalleled access to archives, fieldwork sites, government agencies, international organizations, and foreign diplomats
- Housing on campus with modern facilities, labs, library and sports center and a monthly stipend (only for Kazakhstani citizens).
- Awards “Master of Arts in Eurasian Studies” degree
Master of Science in Biological Sciences and Technologies
Biological science is recognized worldwide as a vibrant, emerging area of study. Both undergraduate and graduate degree programs in biological sciences are currently offered at nearly all high quality research universities worldwide. Our graduate program can be compared in scope and structure to available programs in reputable overseas academic institutions. The M.Sc. in Biological Sciences and Technologies provides excellent instruction in a focused discipline, and will train modern high quality biotechnology and life science experts which are in high demand for both existing as well as anticipated industries in Kazakhstan.
This Graduate Program is consistent with the structure of the Bologna Process, which requires a minimum of 120 ECTS for a Master’s degree. The program will provide candidates with the opportunity to prepare themselves for either academic or non-academic (“professional”) careers.
For some students, a Master of Science degree (M.Sc.) obtained after two years of training will be the desired end to their graduate training. As for the rest, the ultimate goal of this graduate program is the Ph.D. degree, which has an expected duration of no less than three additional years beyond the M.Sc., in line with the leading graduate science programs in the world.
Master of Science in Chemistry
The two year MSc Program in Chemistry is designed to train students as professional chemists who will possess in-depth knowledge of advanced theory and practical knowledge in various areas of chemistry.
The students will gain deep and systematic knowledge of the fundamental principles in chemistry, and develop the ability to identify, analyze and develop solutions problems in the context of real-life of the XXI Century, while fostering entrepreneurship.
Sample schedule for an MSc student (2018 year)
Master of Science in Applied Mathematics
Master of Science in Applied Mathematics program is a two-year program (120 ECTS credits) designed to train students as professional applied mathematicians who will possess in-depth knowledge of advanced theory and practical knowledge in numerical simulation, statistical analysis, data mining, and computational mechanics.
Graduates are expected to acquire advanced mathematical, statistical, and computational skills as relevant to their subjects of their Master projects. Furthermore, they will develop skills in interdisciplinary numerical simulations, statistical computing, and computer aided design environment and will acquire a command of scientific communication skills. The program is designed to take advantage of the faculty expertise and the computational resources of the School of Science and Technology, Nazarbayev University Research and Innovation System. Graduates of the program will have advanced research skills that will enable them to make contributions in technologically diverse and dynamic economic environments, both in Kazakhstan and abroad.
Master of Science in Physics
The two year 120 ECTS MSc Program in Physics is designed to train students as competent physicists who would continue either with their Ph.D. studies for future academic appointments or turn to professional careers in industry within research and development companies, or in public sector.
The students will gain profound systematic knowledge in physics and develop the ability to identify and use theoretical knowledge in the context of real-life phenomena and engineering applications in technology innovation and entrepreneurship. The graduates are expected to acquire advanced analytical, mathematical, computational and experimental skills corresponding to the subjects of their Master projects.